Building the booty is the goal of most women. Growing it is the goal, but getting the right proportions is even more important! It can be hard to focus on the booty without allowing your quads and hamstrings to grow. This can be a problem because if your quads or hamstring are growing faster than your booty, it can actually make your booty look smaller! Below are 6 booty focused exercises to ensure you build the perfect peach you are looking for!
Work your booty with no equipment!
- Start with your hands and knees on the floor with your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
- Keep your right knee at a 90-degree angle as you slowly raise your leg behind you until your thigh is almost parallel to the floor. Pulse your flexed foot toward the ceiling by squeezing your glutes. Your back should remain perfectly still in a neutral spine. The motion should be small and controlled with the muscle doing the work and not momentum.
- Return to starting position. That is one rep. Do 20 reps on each side. Repeat 2-4 times. Once this becomes easier you can even add a band around your knees.
Side Lying Leg raises
Did you know you have 6 muscles that work solely to rotate your leg outward. This move focuses on the back part of your hips and outer thighs!
- Lie on your left side with your left arm long and flat overhead. Place your head flat on your left arm. Place your right hand in front of you to help you brace and balance.
- With both feet flexed, left your right leg (the top leg) to a 45-degree angle or about 2-3 feet off the floor.
- Hold for a second at the top, and slowly lower back to the starting position. Do 12-20 reps on each side. Repeat 2-4 times. Once this becomes easier you can even add a band around your ankles.
This move will truly help you create that peach!
- Lie on your back and place your hand on the floor for stability. Bend your knee and place your feet flat on the floor.
- Press through your heels and lift your hips off the floor into a stiff bridge position.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top for a second, and then slowly lower back to the floor.
- That is one rep. Do 20 reps. Repeat 2-4 times. Once this becomes easier you can even add a band around your knees.
Tone and tighten the inner thighs to help make the booty stand out. This move will also help work lift that “under butt.”
- Stand with your feet wide and your toes pointed out. Bend your knees and hinge your hips back and down until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Keep your weight in your heels and push your knees out.
- Push through your heels and slowly rise up, straightening the legs completely and squeeze the glutes at the top
- Do 12-20 reps.. Repeat 2-4 times.
- Once this is easier you can make this more challenging by adding pulses, or even controlled sumo squat jumps.
Reverse Step Lunges
A common movement with endless variations, but how you do these, they can be for your quads or booty. By doing a reverse step lunge, you remove the forward lean which places more emphasis on the quad and puts the weight in the booty.
- Stand with your feet together. Take a controlled large step back with your left foot
- Lower your hips and knee straight down so that your right thigh is parallel to the floor and your right knee is directly above your ankle. Your left knee should be at a 90-degree angle and the heel should be lifted.
- Push through the right heel and step the left foot in, back to starting position.
- Do 12-20 reps on each side. Repeat 2-4 times.
- Once this is easier you can make this more challenging by adding pulses or dumbbells.
Squat and Kickback
This combo movement will add a real burn and pump up that booty.
- Stand with your feet together and hand on hips. Bend your knees lowering your hips back and down until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Keep your weight back in your heels.
- Push through your heels and come back to standing.
- Lift the left leg behind you for a back kick.
- Lower the foot back to the floor, next to your other.
- Do another squat and then lift the right leg behind you for a kick back. Return to starting position. This is one rep.
- Do 10 reps. Repeat 2-4 times.
- Once this is easier you can make this more challenging by a band around your knees or ankles.