Hourglass Figure Tips
Many females are looking for ways to create an hourglass figure, including tone shoulders, shapely hips, glutes and thighs and a tight tiny waist! So how do you train your body to get all of these?
You want to first look at your own natural body proportions.
Do you have larger hips; and need to even out your shape with the right upper body proportions while shaping up your glutes and legs? Do you have a larger chest size or broader shoulders and need to focus on tightening your core and building up shape in your lower body. Or do you simply need to focus on fat loss in your mid section first while doing full body toning?
Depending on your starting body type, different exercises will suit you best. Below are ways to help you balance out your portions according to your body.
How to reduce your waist size
Focus on cardio, diet and core exercises.
- Cardio is to help you increase your calorie burn and burn away extra belly fat! HIIT (high intensity interval training) is shown to help most with this.
- Diet goes hand and hand with cardio. Make sure to not eat more than your body needs to help with fat loss. Also drink enough water to help keep you hydrated and regular to prevent bloating.
- Core exercises help to tighten and tone from the inside out. You do not want to do a bunch of weighted abs which will just build up the muscles, instead pick some of the movements below to create a natural itty bitty belt. Remember to pull your belly in, keep a flat neutral back and pelvis during each rep.
- Side Plank Hip Dips
- Dead bugs
- Bird Dogs
How to tone your hips, butt, and thighs
When you lose body fat, it comes from all areas of your body but even if you lose weight you will not necessarily get the body shape you want. You need to do the work that creates the shape you want! Weight training will create the firm and tone curves you desire. Here are some key exercises to do just that!
- Squats! They focus on your entire lower body, from the glutes, quads and hamstrings!
- Fire Hydrates and Glute Bridges! These work or that outer booty to help create a roundness.
- Lunges! They work the lower glutes and help lift them up from the hamstrings.
Start with 3 sets of 10-12 of each. Slowly add weight or sets, or even play around with the tempo to make it more challenging.
How to tone your chest and shoulders
Toning your upper body can be hard. Most women want to look tone and fit but not broad. Here are some exercises and tips to just get that upp hourglass shape.
- Wall presses or Wall push ups help to work the full chest area as well as the area under the arms many women complain about.
- Push Ups can tone the shoulders without adding any size! Just make sure to get full range. So if you need to adjust and do them on your knees or with your hands on a bench.
Start with 3 sets of 10-12 of each. If you need more help with diet or training contact Skinny Bunny or grab our product bundles to help you get your best hourglass shape!