Breakfast, the most important meal of the day. Though it’s the most important, many people go without breakfast due to their busy schedules. Well no more! This 3 ingredient Protein pancake recipe is a great way to increase your daily intake of protein in a fun and different way. The recipe below is not only tasty but nutritious, and takes 20 minutes to make from start to finish. Leaving you with no excuse not to eat breakfast!
Before we jump into the recipe, here are a couple of benefits of consuming protein daily. Protein is an essential macronutrient to the body, it is beneficial in helping the body build muscle and maintain the body’s tissues and organs. Another added benefit is that protein helps curb hunger and maintain a healthy body weight, making it a great snack option for athletes and everyone alike.
3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes
Serving Size: makes 5 pancakes
Prep. Time: 5 minutes to prepare, 10 minutes of rest
Cooking Time: 5 to 10 minutes
- 2 medium ripe bananas, chopped
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- Spray oil
- In a medium bowl, roughly mash your bananas using a fork. Add chia seeds and mix well until combined.
- Add the eggs to the banana and chia seed mixture. Whisk together until combined. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest and thicken.
- Over medium to high heat, heat a non-stick pan and coat lightly with spray oil.
- Pour in the desired amount of mixture into the pan. Let cook for 45 seconds or until golden in color. Once golden, flip and continue cooking for another 30 to 45 seconds.
- Remove from heat and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Sliced banana
- Toasted almonds or coconut
- Monk fruit maple syrup
- Almond or other nut butters
- Non-fat plain yogurt and honey
Want the ultimate morning routine? Then partner this recipe with one of our A.M. Detox teas, the perfect way to increase your metabolism, boost energy levels, and help aid in digestion!