The holidays are in full swing and that means indulging in our favorite sweets and drinks during the holiday season. To keep yourself on track amidst all the decadence, we have a recipe that can bring a little normalcy to your holiday routine.
We’ve all heard it before, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But do you really know why it’s the most important? According to the Department of Health, there are several reasons - breakfast helps ensure you are consuming enough nutrients and vitamins throughout the day, a healthy breakfast will help you feel satisfied and less likely to consume empty calorie foods, and help keep on track with your healthy eating goals amidst a busy workday.
The recipe listed below is versatile, easy to make, and of course delicious! Avocados are the main star in this recipe and as we all know avocados have multiple uses in the kitchen. But did you know that they are packed with nutrients and are a great source of antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats?
Below, is a quick breakdown of Avocados and their health benefits:
- Low in sodium
- Great source of vitamins K, B6, B5, and C.
- Contains minerals such as magnesium, potassium, zinc, and copper.
- Provides the body with a healthy dose of monounsaturated fats, which can help lower bad cholesterol along with a healthy diet and exercise.
- 1 Avocado contains 227 calories, 2.7 grams of protein, 12 grams of carbs, 21 grams of fat, and 9.2 grams of fiber (this stat varies on size, this is based on a medium-sized Avocado).
Avocado Breakfast Bowl
Serving Size: 1
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of coconut milk, or a milk of your choice
- ½ banana
- ½ tbsp of organic honey
- Chilled glass or bowl for serving
- In a blender, combine the avocado, milk, banana, and honey.
- Blend until smooth, the mixture should be able to hold and coat the back of a spoon.
- Serve in a small bowl or glass.
Extra Tips and Additions:
- When finished add toppings to make for a fuller breakfast! Try adding things such as coconut flakes, chia seeds, and granola for a little bit of crunch and texture.
- For other ways to sweeten this dish try using agave nectar, monk fruit syrup, or pure maple syrup.
- Change up the ingredients! Add vitamin-dense foods such as spinach, apples, berries, and kale.
- Want to have a little extra protein or collagen in the morning? Throw in a scoop of your favorite protein or collagen powder for an extra boost. Take note, if adding a powder to this dish then you may need to increase the amount of milk to help with the thickness and consistency of the dish.
- Not a fan of coconut milk? Then try almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, or even good old-fashioned regular milk!
Want the ultimate morning routine? Then partner this recipe with one of our A.M. Detox teas, the perfect way to increase your metabolism, boost energy levels, and help aid in digestion! Our teas are made from only the best and finest sourced ingredients from around the globe, visit our website today to experience them for yourself.