Protein Pancakes with Blueberry Collagen Compote
Pancakes are a favorite weekend treat at the American breakfast table. Fluffy, buttery, and sweet -- they’re easy to enjoy, but they’re not exactly nutritious. At Skinny Bunny we firmly believe in eating what you love and making your food work for you! That’s why we’re sharing our favorite pancake recipe -- they’re easy to make with simple ingredients, gluten free, and packed with protein to keep you fueled and energized all morning long. Top them with our blueberry collagen compote and you’ll have an antioxidant powerhouse to support your overall health.
Collagen is the superstar ingredient that gives our recipe its blood-sugar balancing boost of protein. Collagen boasts a whole host of health benefits ranging from stimulating brain function to improving gut and joint health to promoting clear, youthful looking skin to strengthening hair and nails. The list goes on and on! Skinny Bunny’s Collagen Peptides powder is a high quality, grass-fed option that dissolves quickly in water with no taste -- so it definitely won’t affect the flavor of these luscious pancakes.
Okay, okay we know you can’t wait any longer! Here’s our recipe for your new favorite morning meal:
For the Pancakes
- ¼ cup almond milk or milk of your choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 banana
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free, optional)
- 3 - 4 scoops Skinny Bunny Collagen Peptides Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Optional toppings: butter, maple syrup, fresh berries, toasted nuts
For the Blueberry Compote
- 1 ½ cups blueberries (feel free to substitute any other berries of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 scoop Skinny Bunny Collagen Peptides Powder
For the Pancakes
- Add all the ingredients to a blender starting with the liquids. Blend in 30 second increments until the batter is smooth and there are no large pieces of oats left.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add a light coating of butter or non-stick cooking spray to the pan.
- Pour pancake batter and let cook until bubbles begin to form on the surface but do not pop, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with real maple syrup, butter, berries, or nuts. For additional protein, antioxidants, and vitamins, add our Blueberry Collagen Compote!
For the Compote
- Add the blueberries, optional maple syrup, and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally until the berries have released their juices and begun to breakdown into a thin jam. This should take about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in one scoop of collagen peptides powder until dissolved. Serve warm over pancakes, french toast, waffles, oatmeal, or yogurt!
These babies cook up light and tender with the signature crispy edges we love in a more traditional recipe. We hope we’ve inspired you to find new ways to revamp some old indulgences. All it takes is some minor adjustments to create healthier alternatives that support your vitality. With Skinny Bunny you can have your (pan)cake and eat it too!