Mornings just aren’t the same as an adult, when we were kids we could lounge in our pajamas all day and indulge in some of our favorite sugary cereals. With jam packed schedules, work, child care, and to-do lists a mile long we don’t have the time to enjoy mornings like that anymore, let alone enjoy breakfast. But don’t worry we have you covered, today’s green smoothie recipe is sure to keep you energized and full for the long day ahead.
Tropical A.M. Tea Green Smoothie
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of cold Tropical A.M. Tea
- ½ cup of frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup of frozen mango chunks
- 1 banana
- Measure out the spinach, tightly pack it into the measuring cup.
- Add the spinach and Tropical A.M. tea to the blender. Blend together until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the frozen pineapple chunks, frozen mango chunks, and banana to the blender.
- Blend mixture until smooth, depending on the blender you use this can take as little as 30 seconds or as long as 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This can be stored in the refrigerator when sealed in an airtight container.
- If you want to give your smoothie an added boost of protein, one scoop of your favorite protein powder can be added when the fruits are included in the blender.
- Freeze your greens too! By freezing not only the fruit but your spinach, this can help chill the smoothie without having to use ice cubes and watering down the mixture.
- Need a little extra bit of sweetness? Try adding naturally sweet fruits such as apples, berries, pears, and pitted dates. This not only keeps the recipe interesting but it helps to sweeten a smoothie without adding artificial sugar.
- Want to stay on track with a busy schedule? Then this recipe is perfect for making the night before a busy work day so you can grab and go!
- Add in organic hemp, chia seeds, and flax seeds for extra vitamins and minerals.
Want more tips on healthy recipes, fitness routines, and overall wellness? Then visit our website www.skinny.com for all the latest information!