Looking to include more veggies in your daily diet? Then this tasty and quick egg white omelette recipe is perfect for you! We all know breakfast is crucial in kick starting our morning and we should aim to keep it nutritious and filling for the long day ahead. This simple 4 ingredient recipe is perfect for everyday enjoyment and easy to mix up a bit with other veggies when you want to change it up. Before we get to the recipe, let's take a look at why egg whites are so beneficial to your diet.
Nutritional Break Down of an Egg White
- 16 calories
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 0 g carbs
- 4 g protein
- 0 g fat
Vitamin and Mineral Content
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B2
- Helps the body combat high blood sugar levels.
- Easy for digestion and for maintaining a feeling of satiety.
- Helps reduce bloating.
- Can help maintain high levels of memory and cognitive function.
- Helps build muscle and increase weight loss.
Tomato, Spinach, and Feta Egg White Omelette
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 egg whites
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh spinach, or more to taste based on preference
- 6 sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese
- Over medium heat, heat up your skillet and spray with the cooking oil of your choice or add a dollop of butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together your egg white, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg whites into the heated skillet and swirl until the egg whites cover the entire bottom of the skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place the spinach, tomatoes, and feta cheese in the middle of the eggs.
- Continue to cook until the edges of the egg whites begin to curl, up to 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently loosen the omelette from the skillet using a soft spatula and fold in half.
- Continue to cook until the feta cheese has melted, about another 2 to 3 minutes.
Pair this yummy recipe with any of our A.M. teas to give your day the ultimate jump start!
Visit our website for additional fun recipes and ideas, www.skinny.com